Volunteer in the Community
Open Your Heart does not work directly with people experiencing hunger and homelessness. However, many of the agencies we partner with and support rely on volunteers to keep programs running smoothly and meet everyone’s needs. Visit one of the following websites or call us to find opportunities to make an impact on hunger and homelessness in your area:
- Metro Area: HandsOn Twin Cities
- Statewide: Volunteer Match
Volunteer in your community – make a difference in the lives of those who are hungry and homeless.
Ongoing Open Your Heart Volunteer Opportunities
Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless offers opportunities for volunteers with a wide range of interests and skills and a passion for alleviating hunger and homelessness to fill a variety of positions. Many positions offer flexible scheduling and the ability to work from home or from our downtown St. Paul office, conveniently located on several bus lines. Training and ongoing support are available for all positions.
There are no current openings for volunteer positions, except for Board and Committee memberships listed below.
Apply online to be an Open Your Heart volunteer.
Volunteer on a Committee
Open Your Heart is supported by a robust committee structure that includes staff, members of the Board of Directors and other volunteers. Committees typically meet either once per quarter or once per month to discuss strategies that will help Open Your Heart have a greater impact on hunger and homelessness. Committee members also work individually and in groups to carry these plans into action. This is an excellent opportunity to develop strategic planning and leadership skills, network with professionals in multiple sectors and make an impact on hunger and homelessness in Minnesota.
- Fund Development and Outreach Committee: Increases the visibility of Open Your Heart and of hunger and homelessness issues through a wide variety of communications strategies and works to build more robust funding sources for Open Your Heart by developing and implementing fundraising strategies, identifying potential grant funding sources and engaging with current donors.
- Finance & Technology Committee: Oversees the finances of the organization and advises the board and staff on technical resources.
- Governance & Operations Committee: Oversees the operations of the organization, including policies and procedures; human resources; volunteer management and Board of Directors recruitment, development and evaluation.
- Grant Review Committee: Oversees all aspects of Open Your Heart’s grant programs, including establishing grant criteria, developing tools for data collection and evaluation, reviewing grant applications and completing grant auditing.
- Special Events & Outreach Committee: Engages community members in Open Your Heart’s work through planning special events, organizing speaking opportunities with various community groups and building more active involvement with other agencies and coalitions working on issues of hunger and homelessness.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors or one of the Committees listed above, please submit a resume to email@example.com.